Monday, August 10, 2009

Two weeks to catch up

Wow, sorry for taking so long to post again. We seem to have been really busy for the last 2 weeks. Let's see if I can remember everything that happened.

07/24/09 we headed to Houston when Daddy got home from work. Let me just say that traveling at night with Lizzy is not the smartest thing for us to do. She was cranky whenever she wasn't sleeping. I ended up having to stay in the backseat with her for the last leg of the trip. When we got to Grandma and Grandpa's she was NOT a happy girl. She wanted her shower, to be fed, and to pass out. And that's exactly what we did. I got into the shower and had Steve give her to me. Then I fed her, and as she was feeding she passed out cold. Grandma and Grandpa had set up my old crib, so that's what she got to sleep in all weekend.

07-25-09 was Astros game day for Daddy and me. Aunt Jennifer, Uncle Greg, Sydney, and Parker all came to Grandma and Grandpa's for lunch and a visit. We all had a good time. Even some family friends showed up. Then Daddy and I headed out to Minute Maid Park while Grandma babysat. Astros lost, but we had a good time anyway. Plus Grandma got to give Lizzy a bath and try and get her to bed before we got home. Lizzy woke up once we got home, though, so I went ahead and fed her to which she decided to pass out again.

07-26-09 we headed over to Aunt Emily and Uncle Vlad's to have lunch before we set off for home. Before we left Grandma and Grandpa's, we got a call from Aunt Jennifer. She needed Daddy to come look at their computer, so we decided to head there after seeing Aunt Emily and Uncle Vlad. Uncle Vlad got to meet Lizzy for the first time. She was such a good girl too. She liked using Uncle Vlad as a slide. We had some great burgers for lunch. Then we headed over to Aunt Jennifer's where Daddy looked at their computer. Turns out that the hard drive or motherboard or SOMETHING wasn't working right which meant that they needed to get a new one of what wasn't working. Then Aunt Jennifer gave me some great advice...Don't stop until Lizzy wakes up on her own. See, the whole reason we would stop every two hours would be to feed and change Lizzy because the pediatrician had said to make sure she didn't get dehydrated on the trip. Well the ride home was much smoother with the advice from my sister. Thank you Aunt Jennifer!

07-28-09 we got some pictures in the mail from Gigi. They were of Daddy when he was a baby. Lizzy looks JUST LIKE HIM. So now I need to scan those into our computer and take some "look alike" pictures of Lizzy. Once that is done, I'll be sending out an email with each picture in a side-by-side view for everyone to see.

08-01-09 I got to go to a friend's baby shower while Daddy babysat Lizzy. He seemed to have a good time with his lovely daughter. I missed her and so did everyone at the shower. They all wanted to know where she was.

08-07-09 Lizzy turned 3 months! We also had a playdate to go to that day. It was at Chuck E Cheese since most of the mommies in the group have at least one kid that is 2+ years. I had an okay time, but I think I'll skip out on those playdates that are held there until Lizzy is a little older. I did get our picture taken by one of those machines that makes the picture look like it's drawn with pencil. I still need to scan that one as well.

So that catches everyone up on what's been happening the last 2 weeks. Now we'll get to look forward to getting a satellite dish with DirecTV, having Ramona and Jenny babysit so Daddy and I can clean the house, and heading to Victoria, TX to see friends for the next 2 weeks. Hopefully I can keep up with this every week again though.

As for new things Lizzy can do, she still rolls over quite a bit from front to back, she LOVES to talk and coo, she scoots on the floor whether on her belly or back (scoots forward when on her belly, in a circle when on her back), and loves playing in her activity centers.

For pictures, just head here.

No comments:

Post a Comment