Sunday, August 30, 2009

Parties and playdates

Oh man I did it again. It's been a long time. Seems like I'll be doing this every two weeks instead of every one, haha. Run down on what's been DirecTV (wooooo satellite), Grandma and Grandpa came to visit, we took a road trip to Victoria to see Daddy's friends as well as Koko and Pop Pop, cousin Sydney had a birthday (5 years!), and we had a playdate hosted at our house that included going to the pool.

8/14 We had the DirecTV guy come to set up satellite for us. Grandma and Grandpa wanted to visit that weekend so I checked to see if they could come by noon that day to help with the set up. Daddy decided to take a half day at work, so I ended up not needing my parents there, but it was great that they were just the same. Grandma loved seeing her little Lizzy! Plus we finally got great TV to watch!

8/15 Grandma and Grandpa watched Lizzy while Daddy and I cleaned the house. Or, we tried to clean the whole house. We only got the main living areas (cat room, den, study, kitchen, laundry room, Lizzy's room) done as we were having cousin Ramona, Scott, Jenny, and Jeff over for dinner. Had a fun time with everyone, we even got to play Mexican Train.

8/16 Grandma wasn't feeling too well so they only stayed until noon. We all went out to eat for breakfast at IHOP. Been a while since Daddy and I went out to eat for breakfast. Then we went to Target where Daddy got a new universal remote to play with once we got home. Grandma and Grandpa left soon after getting back to our house.

8/21 We left early to head to Victoria. The trip wasn't too bad. Lizzy slept until we got to Cameron. Then we stopped to have a bite to eat and kept her out of the car seat for about 30 minutes. Then we drove until we needed gas and kept her out of the car seat for another 30 minutes or so. The whole trip to Victoria ended up taking about 7 hours. Once there we hung out with Koko (formerly Gigi) and Pop Pop. Koko even had a shirt made by Aunt Rosanna that had a picture of Lizzy's hand in her hand. It was very cute.

8/22 Koko and Pop Pop went to Houston to visit Aunt Emily and Uncle Vlad while we stayed in Victoria. We ended up heading out to shop for a bit until it was time to head over to Daddy's friend's house for their party. We bought a swing so that Lizzy could nap during the day without having to be in my and Daddy's arms. It was one of the best things we have ever bought. Then it was party time! Lizzy got to meet most of Daddy's friends, though not all of them could make it. Stayed there for a while until it was close to bedtime, then it was back to Koko and Pop Pop's house.

8/23 We hung out with Koko and Pop Pop all day except during lunchtime when we went out to eat with Daddy's friends. Daddy and I went for a walk with the dogs (as we didn't have a stroller) and left Lizzy with Koko. Lizzy didn't like that at all and cried most of the time we were gone. Once we got back, we got her shower going and that calmed her down quite a bit. She was mostly tired.

8/24 We headed back home to Little Elm. The trip was the best one we've had as of yet. Lizzy slept until we got to Cameron. Then we stopped to eat again and kept her out of the car seat for another 30 minutes. After we got back on the road, she fell asleep again. When we stopped for gas, she was still sleeping so we went ahead and just got gas and headed on. She slept the whole trip except when we stopped to eat. It was AWESOME.

8/25 I called Sydney as it was her 5th birthday. Her party is set for 9/12, but we won't be able to go. We'll see her for Labor Day weekend though!

8/29 We hosted our 3rd play date. Only 2 moms could make it. Once everyone got here we all packed up and headed to our neighborhood pool. It was great. Lizzy got to swim with Daddy and me and she had her new swimsuit on along with a hat that matched. Swimming really took it out of her because as soon as we took her out of the water and put a towel around her she was out cold. I got a cute picture with my camera phone that it at the top of this entry. Then we took Rascal to the vet to learn that he needs his food changed. So we all went to PETCO after to get new food. While at the vet, I weighed Lizzy and found that she weighs 16 lbs now! She's getting so big!

Well, coming up in the next 2 weeks we have Labor Day Weekend coming (which we will spend in Galveston), Lizzy's 4 month check up at the doctor, and Lizzy's going to be 4 months old on the 7th! Lots to talk about next time.

I hear her starting to fuss, time to go feed my hungry girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment