Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day and 4 months

Labor Day Weekend was a fun one for us. Thursday we traveled to Houston to break up the time in the car. We stayed the night in Houston and spent half of Friday with Grandma and Grandpa. Grandma and Grandpa were going on a 5 day cruise the next day, so they wouldn't be in Galveston while we were there, and Lizzy needed to get in time with her grandparents.

We left Houston around 2 PM and hung out at the beach house in Galveston for the rest of the day. Lizzy got to lay on a pallet and play, sleep in a swing, and go downstairs to watch her puppies run after a ball. At 9 PM Aunt Jennifer, Uncle Greg, Sydney, and Parker showed up. Sydney was asleep already, but Parker decided it was time to play. By then it was time for Lizzy to start to head to bed. Since we were traveling Lizzy didn't sleep as well as she normally does. The night before she had gotten up at 1 AM, 6 AM, and 8 AM. That night she woke up at 3 AM, 6 AM, and 7:30 AM.

Saturday was a fun day. I made breakfast (with help from Aunt Jennifer) and then we spent most of the day downstairs watching Sydney and Parker swim in the blowup pool, and watching the dogs run after balls and frizbees. We brought the swing downstairs and whenever Lizzy was tired, I would set her in it and she would go right to sleep. There was a nice breeze all day that kept the mosquitoes away. In the middle of the day everyone decided to take a nap, but Lizzy and Sydney weren't tired, so I stayed awake to watch them. We went downstairs to have some fun with the dogs and so that we wouldn't wake up everyone upstairs. After a while, Greg came down because he heard the ice cream man and thought Sydney was downstairs by herself. We got ice cream though, so no nap wasn't so bad. That night Lizzy woke up at 2:30 AM and 6 AM.

Steve decided to wake up with Lizzy to let me sleep until 8 AM on Sunday. Aunt Shirley showed up around 8:30 AM and played with Lizzy while we all ate breakfast. After eating it was time to head to the beach. I didn't have a swim diaper, but Lizzy swim suit has a built in one, so we just used that. I needn't have worried though, as she didn't potty until we got back to the house and in the bath. At the beach I held her in the shallow water while Aunt Jennifer got some pictures. After being in the water I wrapped a towel around her and she passed out. Water always relaxes her. Back at the house we both rinsed off to get the salt water off of us. Then we all headed over to Aunt Shirley and Uncle William's beach house. Kevin and his family, William and his family, and Aunt Shirley and Uncle William were all down for the day. It was getting late after a while, so Daddy, Lizzy, and I went back to our beach house to finish packing. We left around 8 PM.

That night Lizzy slept from 11 PM to 7 AM with no waking inbetween. I have a feeling she was just as exhausted as Daddy and I were. We left Houston around 11 AM and got back home at 3 PM. It was actually a really good car ride.

That Monday Lizzy turned 4 months old as well. We had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday for her 4 month well check. Here are her stats:

Weight: 16.06 lbs (97th percentile)
Length: 24.25 inches (50th percentile)
Head circumference: 16.5 inches
All developments on track

I thought maybe she had an ear infection because her right ear smelled a little yeasty Monday night after her bath, but the doctor checked both ears and they're both perfect. Aside from thinking that, everything is great with her. The doctor was happy that I only had that one question. He asked if she was on any solids yet and I said no. He said that at her next well check we would talk about solids since she'll be 6 months by then. Oh my baby is growing up!

Speaking of growing up, guess what she JUST did?!?!?! She rolled over from back to front! Now she can roll over both ways! Oh, it's so exciting. I got a short video of her doing it too, I need to upload it and show everyone!

Time to get back to playing with Lizzy...

No comments:

Post a Comment