Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July festivities

We had a lot of fun on the fourth of July. We cleaned the house, did yard work, went to a pool party, and actually went to bed on time instead of staying up to watch fireworks.

Steve did yard work the morning of while I vacuumed and straightened the house. Lizzy slept most of that time, but when she was awake I carried her around while cleaning. We also had some play time and tummy time. She's getting so strong with her tummy time. She can lift her whole upper body up. We say she's doing push ups as she goes up and down a lot.

We went to a friend's house for a pool party around 3 PM that day. When we got there, we had all of the kids sit on the couch to take pictures in their 4th of July outfits. There was a 5 year old, a 2 year old, two 11 month olds, and Lizzy. We had fajitas for lunch with cupcakes for dessert. Lizzy got hers a little later if you know what I mean. Then we decided to get our swimsuits on and go swimming. We got Lizzy's swimsuit on her and realized that this was the first and only time she's going to wear it as it was already almost too small for her. She's now in 3-6 or 6 month clothes. Once I got my swimsuit on, we headed out to the pool. Both Steve and I think she liked it. I think she couldn't decide if it was a bath or not b/c of the water temperature. Reason I say that is she had the same expression on her face as she does when she gets a bath. Relaxed. Afterward we headed home as we ran out of diapers (we had brought 4!) and she was getting tired fussy. When we got home I took a shower with Lizzy, fed her, and got her to bed at 9:45 PM.

Sunday we had a milestone happen with Lizzy. She rolled over from her belly to her back! We were having tummy time when she started bending only one arm instead of both. Next thing Steve and I knew she was on her back. We turned her back over and she did it again! I'm not sure if she'll keep doing it, but it was sure awesome.

Lizzy is now sleeping at least 7 hours every night. It's so great to be able to sleep more than 2-3 hours at a time now. She'll go to bed anywhere between 9 PM-12 AM and be up around 4-7 AM. I try to get to bed soon after she goes down, but a lot of times I need to finish little things around the house so I won't have to worry about them the next day.

Tuesday Lizzy will be 2 months old. It's also the day she's going to get her first set of shots. I'm hoping she does the same as she did when she got her Hep B shot when she was born. Basically sit there and be happy. I know, wishful thinking, but I can hope! At least I don't have to be anywhere or do anything after so we can come home, cuddle, and calm down.

Today we're going to the library so I can get some more books. I've finished all of the books that Gigi got me when Lizzy was born (thanks Karen!), so now we can venture out to see how she does while I pick out some books to read.

She's fallen alseep in her swing so I am going to get in a nap too. Last night she went down at 9 PM and woke up at 4 AM so I am TIRED.

No comments:

Post a Comment