Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Weddings and Baptisms

I've finally noticed Lizzy's sleep schedule. She sleeps about 8 hours at night, takes a 2 hour nap in the morning, a one hour nap in the afternoon, and a 2 hour nap in the evening. If she doesn't get those naps during the day she ends up being very fussy at night.

We went to our first big event with Lizzy last Saturday night. Steve's co-worker got married and invited us to the reception. She did really well, not getting fussy until right before we left. She was really tired, but the music was really loud therefore overstimulating her. We had to leave early so we could get her home and to bed.

Sunday we went to a nice dinner while Lizzy stayed home with Ramona. It was our first babysitter that wasn't grandma. Steve and I actually got to go shopping and to dinner without having to worry about getting out a stroller or if Lizzy would get fussy while we ate. It was so fun! Don't get me wrong, I love my little girl to pieces, but sometimes I do need a bit of a break. I have a feeling Ramona had as much fun as we did because she said to call her any time to babysit again.

Today we're going to Steve's work to have lunch with him before I go to a doctor's appointment for myself. All of Steve's co-workers love Lizzy, especially Jenn. Jenn and I have become somewhat friendly (probably more so once she has her little boy in October) so we get to sit and gossip when Lizzy and I come to visit.

Sunday Lizzy is getting baptized! Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Jennifer, Gigi, Pop Pop, Sydney, and Parker will all be here to celebrate with us. I think Ramona, Scott, Jenny, and Jeffery are going to come as well. Saturday night we'll actually have the celebration dinner since everyone needs to leave Sunday afternoon/night. I plan on baking some cupcakes and decorating them myself for the dessert. Hopefully they'll turn out okay.

Time to finish some chores while Lizzy is taking her morning nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment