Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's already been 6 weeks?!?

Sorry I haven't posted in more than a week. It's been a little busy. The reason we were busy is that we had an extremely fussy baby. The reason for the extremely fussy baby? I had Chinese food on Wednesday night, Thursday afternoon, and Thursday night. I didn't realize it was the Chinese food until Thursday night. Lizzy had been fussy all day Thursday, fighting sleep due to gas pains. It got to the point that I couldn't put her down without her screaming bloody murder, and sometimes she would even scream and cry in my arms no matter what I would do. Steve didn't have any more luck with getting her to calm down either. It's finally out of her system though, so it's all good. No more Chinese food for me until I am not nursing anymore.

On Thursday I also had my 6 week postpartum checkup at my OB/GYN. Everything is great with me, I've even lost 34 lbs since giving birth! After the checkup I went by my old work to show Lizzy off to my old co-workers. Everyone LOVED her of course. I was curious about how much she weighed, so I weighed myself while she was in my arms, then weighed myself without her in my arms. She weighs a whopping 11 lbs now! No wonder my arms are always so tired, haha. I'm definitely getting my arm strength up from having to hold her all day.

The weekend of the 13th we got to see Steve's family as they all came to visit and meet Lizzy. It was a great visit! Rosanna was in town from Maryland, so she got to come too! Lizzy loves her Aunt Rosanna, Aunt Ann Marie, Aunt Emily, Uncle Thor, and Gigi! I don't think she was set down the whole time they were all at the house (well, except for during dinner).

Today was Steve's first Father's Day. Lizzy got him a card that magically showed up on his table by our bed sometime during the night. I cooked homemade pancakes while Steve cooked the bacon. Then I served him breakfast (and seconds!) while he watched TV. Next we relaxed and watched some more TV. Then I let Steve go take a nap while I watched Lizzy (who was fighting takng a nap, and so was fussy). For dinner we cooked steaks, asparagus, and had spinach salad with strawberries. Now we're watching TV again. All in all I think it's been a really good first Father's Day for Steve.

Next week we're going to be in Houston for the Lejsal family reunion. We can't wait to see everyone. It'll be our first trip out of Dallas with a baby and the dogs. Hopefully all will go well with the drive. Can't wait to see everyone!

Lizzy is now put to bed (she's already had her bath and nursed), so I must go head to bed as well. I am on nighttime duty every night so that Steve can get a good night's sleep for work. I'll post again soon (hopefully within the next week).

No comments:

Post a Comment